Monday, December 16, 2013

Shoebox Love: DONE :)


You might have read in my previous posts that I'm a volunteer for Shoebox Love for the Yolanda Survivors. Last week, I spent most of my time going around our city collecting shoeboxes :) Total strangers will text me and they will donate from 3 shoeboxes to 30 shoeboxes :) Some of them are not properly sealed, and because most boxes are really full, half open na ang cover nila. I taped them one by one :) and I'm so happy to see little notes of love and support like "kaya mo yan, mahal namin kayo from manila peeps" :)


I had 321 boxes at our home, so medyo napuno ko ang mga spaces sa sala namin umabot na sa hallway :)



My parents and my guy-bestfriend helped me and my hubby to bring all the shoeboxes sa Katipunan QC. Driving with a blind rear - view mirror is tough! but hubby and guy bestfriend managed to drive carefully.
We braved the south to north traffic but we know its all worth it because these boxes will bring 321 smiles :) :) 




Thank you to our friends and families who supported us, Mndbuilders Preschool, to my former boss whom I got this idea from, total strangers with big hearts who trusted us, to the household helpers at the Paredes Residences who welcomed us and to Margaux :)

A Blessed Christmas Everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment